Op Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:05:38 +0000 schreef Anne Wilson:

>> My mistake: 192.168.0.1 is the IP of the win-thing.
>>
>I'm not sure what you mean by the win-thing, but that address is
>usually the  gateway, usable by both linux clients and windows clients.

*grin* The win-thing is the old p2 that I have lying around, with win98
on it. Don't worry about it. Things seem to be okay now. I asked a
friend to see if he could reach the main webpage and the squirrelmail
login page and both work. In the access-log of apache I can see that he
tried and when he tried. And most important: that he actually got to the
page. The IP address that is in the logging is of the client requesting
the page, so that is good also.
The old win-thing *grin* has IP 192.168.0.1 and the Linux machine is
192.168.0.2. I had first mistaken the IP in the logging for the Linux
machine. But later I saw that it was actually the IP of the p2 that was
captured. Therefore my somewhat unclear addition to the mail I had
already sent out.

Paul

--
Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your
bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

http://www.nlpagan.net/linux.php