On Tuesday 22 February 2005 06:04 pm, hackhound wrote:
> > If you run
> > update-menus -v
> > in a terminal as root and then as a user do you see any error
> > messages?
>
> Running update-menus -v as both root and as a user does not
> generate any errors.  However, I did notice that both stop at:
> "update-menus[14731]: Running method:
> /etc/menu-methods/simplified/kde3" and I have to hit Enter go
> get back to a prompt.

     That's just what you should need to do.  OTOH, if you don't
wanna be bothered with that, then run 'update-menus -v -n'.  The
-n switch will get you back to the prompt without hitting
<Enter>.  Particularly useful if you run update-menus with an
alias, an specially if you include other commands.  EG,

alias upall='rpm --rebuilddb && updatedb && ldconfig -v &&
update-menus -v -n'

     Also, you should log out and then back into your desktop
after running update-menus

--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American