On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 15:15 -0500, Julie Sloan wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there a way I can save a copy of my urpmi updates to disk, so that if I
> need to reinstall / I can also reinstall the updates without having to
> download for hours?
>
> thanks
> Julie

Use the --noclean switch.  The rpms will be in /var/cache/urpmi/rpms.

I maintain several systems that are in rural areas where the telephone
lines are literally nailed to the fenceposts and updating on-line would
be expensive.  I update my Mandrake machine here at the lab with
"urpmi --update --auto-select --noclean --wget" and then make a cd with
the updates that I can carry up the bayou.  Once there, I copy to the
hard disk, define a source like "urpmi.addmedia rpms101
file:///root/rpms101" and urpmi.update rpms101 (if I've added to it
since defining it) and then just "urpmi --auto-select" does the update.

Works really well; urpmi is better than apt-get or anything else I've
used for this situation.

HTH

--
N. B. Day