On Thursday 24 February 2005 03:00, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to use CUPS through mcc. When it searched for network printer,
> it found nothing. I'm totally new with this CUPS thing.
>
> Could you give me some direction? Does CUPS automatically detect network
> printer, or is there some conf files I should edit?
> Thanks.

If its a Windows printer you will need to have samba-client installed before
CUPS will find it. (And the printer must be configured for sharing in
Windows)

If the scan does not find it then put the explicit IP address in the wizard.

Also if you have a firewall in place then you will need to open the
appropriate port. 631 for CUPS servers 9100 for print server.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org