On Thu February 24 2005 09:08, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 24 Feb 2005 15:44, Miark wrote:
> > This is good news for stockholders. Mandrakesoft is acquiring
> > Conectiva:
> >
> > http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/press/pr?n=/pr/corporate/2539&wslang=
> >en
>
> Apparently it gives them access to good R&D possibilities.  It can't hurt
> to have access to South American markets, either.
>
> Anne

I'm a little surprised that, after last years fears of Mandrakesoft going down
the tubes, they're in a position to acquire another company.  Good on them.

Glenn

--
15:49:56 up 7 days, 10:08, running Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for
i586, kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.
        -- Matt Welsh