I have, after 4 years or so, finally figured out that mdk is a
French plot to humble me.

Fifth attempt to upgrade or fresh install 10.1 on my laptop that was
happily running 10.0.

14 hours after beginning this exercise I am now at the gurpmi update
dl.  It named 92 progs, probably fraught with dependencies that will
no doubt require my personal approval.

I know, gurpmi isn't the update method of choice for an old salt
like me, but I've urpmi'ed my last urpmi for the day.

We're at a new high of 58/92 without crashing or running out of disk
space on a 20gb drive.  No more than 6 hours or so before we again
have a laptop.  Maybe

I really need to get a life.  Do real beginners really put up with
this shite?

Well, maybe tomorrow I'll switch the mirrors to cooker...........

Lee