Hello Anne,

Thursday, March 3, 2005, 7:13:35 AM, Anne wrote:

AW> On Thursday 03 Mar 2005 14:20, Smiley wrote:
>> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:38:07 -0800
>>
>> rikona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > For some reason eBay jpg
>> graphics don't seem to show up in Firefox. I > can save them OK,
>> but they don't show up on the page. What needs to be > set, or
>> done, to show them?
>>
>> I never had such a problem; does it happen everytime or only in
>> specific pages? --

AW> I don't use FireFox, but I had a similar problem some time ago in
AW> Mozilla.  It turned out that the cause was the setting to allow
AW> only graphics from the originating site.  Some large sites have a
AW> separate server, apparently, for the graphics, so if you do that
AW> you have to explicitly enable graphic reception from that server.
AW> In Moz you can get the server name by hovering over a graphic.

Bingo! That was it. Never would have guessed because when you hover on
a graphic, it shows the SAME site. Looking at the source code, though,
it seems that it DOES send you to a different site when you click or
load. Just like the phishers. :-)

In general, not a good thing for privacy, though, which is why I had
it off in the first place. Still have it set 'from the originating
site', but I put in the other ebay sites as exceptions. Works fine.

Thanks!

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]