On Saturday 05 Mar 2005 14:19, et wrote:
> On Saturday 05 March 2005 09:13 am, Ian wrote:
> > One of my mates is getting really cheesed off with XP .......go figure
> > :-) I told him how much nicer, safer etc etc Mandrake is. I installed
> > 10.1 official on a partition on his slave drive. Konqueror won't open,
> > and MCC is taking ages as well.....yet starting from root is fine. I know
> > I read it somewhere on this list.
> > Anyone care to remind me what the solution is?
>
> Konqueror won't open on a fresh new install?
> or has he had a week to muck about?
Yeah, it was a fresh install. no, I installed it and then logged in and tried
to start Konqueror. It didn't start.......either in file manger mode or as a
browser.
> when you say "starting from root" are you speaking about starting X from
> root? starting mcc from a command line root? how about what errors you get
> starting what ever doesn't start, if you try to start it from a command
> line.
Logged out, restarted the computer (windoze habits die hard), logged in as
root. Konqueror started as web browser immediately. Logged out and logged
back in to his account, same as before. My excuse is it was late, and I had
to leave at this point. He won't go near it, so it will be the same when I go
back. I'm hoping someone can tell me the steps to take before I do go
back :-)
I'll try starting it from bash next time. Hopefully this will shed some light
on the error. I didn't even configure his router last night.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]