Graham Watkins wrote:

Hi Y'all,

Recently, while attempting to 'urpmi' a new program, I got the following message at the command line:

unable to access hdlist file of "eslrahc", medium ignored

I presume this means that a source has become messed up somehow. What do I have to do to get it put right?

cheers,

If I were to see this , this is what I would attempt first:

1. # urpmi.removemedia eslrahc

2. I would then browse to Charles site www.eslrahc.com and click on your actual distribution version. At the top of the page is the suggested link for adding eslrahc back onto you urpmi ............. but read on first.

Though mine is Mandrake 10 and would look like this :

urpmi.addmedia eslrahc http://www.eslrahc.com/10.0/ with hdlist.cz

I would add the switches ' c ' and ' f ' like so :

urpmi.addmedia -c -f eslrahc http://www.eslrahc.com/10.0/ with hdlist.cz

I have found that when I have any problems with any particular media, this way seems to always put things right.

Using the two switches as above as become standard practice for me when I update my own onboard downloaded rpm directory because it doesn't have a hlist to start with.

Hope it helps.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213