I feel sort of foolish, but I don't know what to do.  I inadvertantly
did a chmod 777 recursive on the whole system while logged into a root
console.  Now I cannot log in to the control center or a root console
as it says that my root password in incorrect.  How can I fix this
mess I made?  My system is set to automatically log me in so I do not
even know how to log in as just the root.

--
Christopher Taylor - Registered Linux User #383327