On Sunday 06 March 2005 06:29 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Sunday 06 March 2005 22:49, Julie Sloan wrote:

> > (Alt-F2 does nothing on my box - is this a keyboard problem?)
>
> I was assuming KDE was the Window Manager. Alt+F2 in KDE gives you a "Run
> box" to enter a single command.

Yes, KDE is my windowmanager, but Alt-F2 does nothing.
I suppose I need a new keyboard; I know my ESC does not work, now it seems
F2 also doesn't.  I don't know enough about the F keys to know what they
ought to do.  I do know the left Alt is functioning as I was using it in
place of Esc in VIm today.

Alt-F3 and Alt-F5 are giving me menus.  None of the other F's are doing
anything with Alt.

Thanks for the information.  :)
--
Julie