On Wednesday 09 March 2005 16:39, Gica wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 01:23 am, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 March 2005 08:00, Gica wrote:
> > > hi,
> > > I'm trying to install xmms for mandrake 9.2 in kde, but I have this
> > > error message. Can somebody told me what's wrong and what do I have to
> > > do?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > Gica
> >
> > At a guess I would say you need to install gcc-c++
> >
> > I assume there is a reason why you are compiling xmms and not just
> > installing the RPM package?
> >
> > derek
> If I'm trying to instal the rpm package I have this message :
> warning: user havardk does not exist - using root
> warning: group havardk does not exist - using root
> warning: user havardk does not exist - using root
> warning: group havardk does not exist - using root

Thats OK. Its a warning not an error.
It simply means the person who built the package was not root user when he
created it. Your system has made root the owner of the files in the package
which is normal. The package is now installed.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org