I have set up on lm8.2 a five scsi software raid.

The machine crashed and hung at boot-up at the clearing kernal space.

googled everywhere and got nowhere

So i did  a fresh install keeping /home and another storage partition during
the install.

When i rebooted, i installed raid tools and mounted the original raid5 using
harddrake. It mounted no problem,added it back into fstab and
automaticallydid a raid rysync which took about an hour, all my original
files where intact, apart from a few id numbers instead of usernames and
groups, which i changed to default groups and usernames.

But when i did a reboot, i get an error saying the the /dev/md0 is not a
valid ext2 or the superblock is corrupt.

It asks if i want to correct this error with possible data lis, so i say
yes, it says error in red and then bombs into optoins for a reboot ( which
gets me back to where it gives me the option to reboot ) or into rescue mode
which does'nt include vi to edit my fstab file :o(

Anyway, if i boot with knoppix and remove /dev/md0 from the fstab file, i
can boot into linux, if i run harddrake again, i can mount the raid with no
problems and get access to my files, but if i reboot it says theres a
problem.

Can anybody advise me where to go from here.

Ken