Aron Smith wrote:

On Thursday 10 March 2005 10:56 pm, Tahir Abdullah wrote:

Thanks Aron
When I tried to follow the three steps on the web-site following error
comes urpmi database locked
WHat is this problem.

a reboot will fix this (inelegent and there is probably a better way)

The second problem is whenever I send mail from my hotmail. It goes twice
How can I fix it?

best solution is to not use hotmail
but leaving the reply to field blank usually works

I appreciate any guidance.
Thanks
Tahir

Hotmail's great for sending photos. Click here to find out more:
http://www.imagine-msn.com/Hotmail/Post/Communicate/SendEmail.aspx

urpmi will be locked if it is in use ~ possibly still trying to contact one of your media sites which is not responding.

"Google" ( I prefer www.vivisimo.com ) for urpmi.unlock and install it ~ you may already have it ~ try 'urpmi.unlock' at the root prompt.

If not you may need to manually download it and install it using rpm -Uvh .

Unless you are doing a kernel rebuild there is no need to reboot your system ~ you will learn more by fixing such problems by working through them and you'll find that there are many here that will always assist, especially is you give details to your problems.

Hope this helps.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213