I think that the problem is the video card, which is the model of your video
card? Perhaps need to download the correct Xserver for your card.

-----Original Message-----
From: touco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 6:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] install bug?

i am installing mandrake 6.5. all goes well until i specify monitor
resolution. at testing x configuration, i get the "do you see this
message" "yes or no" screen, but i just can't read the question. if i
enter yes anyway, when i reboot, my screens overlap, meaning kde, gnome
and such.
i've tried all possible resolutions and most of the time i get a white
line at the top of my screen. i know my res' settings are right. i just
don't get the go ahead.
my friend installed this same copy on his system and it worked fine.

i also used Xconfigurator manually, and that didn't help, with Control-
Alt-+ not solving anything.

Any suggestions?