joe ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> RickSisler wrote:
> >did you try what bascule mentions:
> >>>

> I did, and like magic, urpmi worked.
>
> The question I have, is why is /usr/sbin no longer in my $PATH, and/or
> how should I edit my bashrc so that it is.
>

> Here is what i get from echo $PATH:
> echo $PATH
> /usr/lib/distcc/bin:/home/fcrozat/GNUstep/Tools:/usr/GNUstep/Local/Tools
> :/usr/GNUstep/System/Tools:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
> :/usr/games:/home/fcrozat/bin
Joe,
why do you have fcrozat settings I wonder ? I wouldn't think a rpm
package would bring that in ? is your username fcrozat ?
or do you have a user named fcrozat ?
did you type echo $PATH from a root login ? which you did before but
I am just confirming it .. something sounds strange here ..
GNUstep is for LSB compliance, I think, can someone conform this ?

What version of mdk are you using ? 10.1 ?
(I mis-spoke myself about /etc/bashrc, mine is customized. And I
typed from my user's PATH, which is different than root's, sorry)

On my other system, which is not custom but a fresh install,
root's .bashrc is also setting the $PATH
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin

Then
/etc/profile seems to add /usr/X11R6/bin and /usr/games

A look in rc.sysinit (which is a symlink to /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit) for the
global path statements, verifing these lines:
rc.sysinit: # Set the path
rc.sysinit: PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

you have these in your posted path, *except* /usr/sbin/
Verify that it is missing in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit file, if so,
add it, reboot and you should be back on track.

HTH
--
RickS
gpg --recv-keys --keyserver www.keyserver.net 0x24AABE61