My MTA is Postfix, my mail client is Thunderbird.  ML10.1.  When I try
to retrieve my messages I get a message stating Movemail cannot create
a lock file, and I am supposed to chmod /var/spool directory mode
1777, which solves the problem until the following day.  The security
level of my system does not like /var/spool being world writable and
changes the mode back to what is was.  I read somewhere that I could
get around this by adding something to the mail group, but I cannot
locate it again.  Your assistance would keep me from pulling out what
little hair I have left.

Thanks,
JB