Don Gregory wrote:

Anybody tried the new 1.0-7167 driver yet?

I successfully installed the 1.0-7167 driver today. My box is:

Athlon XP2700
512 Mb Ram
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
kernel  Mandrake 2.6.10-1mdk

I could not install from the installer as it could not find the sources.
I could not install with the '--add-this-kernel' option as it could not
find the sources.

Remedy:-

edit /etc/inittab - change init from 5 to 3 (single user mode)
reboot
log in as root
rmmod nvidia
modprobe -q agpart
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7167-pkg1.run -e

Accept the default settings except name the kernel sources as
/usr/src/linux(your kernel)

edit /etc/inittab - change init from 3 (single user mode) to 5 (gui mode)

reboot

A little bit messy but works fine

HTH
Graham