On Monday 14 Mar 2005 10:42, Dave Ashmore wrote:
> Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> >>
> >>I'm somewhat puzzled by all this.  What exactly is the advantage of Skype
> >>over GnomeMeeting?  I've spoken to a friend in USA over GM, with video,
> >>thought it can be used without, and no problems at all with the quality
> >> on a 512 ADSL connection.
> >>
> >>I'm not meaning to be negative - it's just that I wonder what this newer
> >>product can do that the older one can't.
> >>
> >>Anne
> >
> >Does GnomeMeeting talk to other voip clients?  I'm curious ...  most of my
> >friends use MS, and skype has downloads for both.

I haven't received this message yet - but

> That's whay I was going to say.
> I can use it to talk to family that is on windows.
> I have not yet been able to convert everyone I know to linux yet...lol.

Yes - I have tested it against a GnomeMeeting to NetMeeting session.  I think
it was easier to start the session from GM than it was from NM, but that's
the only issue I remember having.  It certainly works without any problems.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels