On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:47:00 -0500, Julie Sloan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> when I urpmi firefox it wants to give me -0.8 instead of the new -1.0.1.
> I've been to the website and looked at the 1.0.1 rpm, which gives its
> location as
> http://ftp.kddilabs.jp/Mozilla/firefox/releases/1.0.1/linux-i686/en-US/
> but when I tried to add this (up to the first slash before Mozilla) as an
> urpmi medium I got five minutes of 0% of 0 at speed 0.  What did I do
> wrong?  Do I need to d/l the -0.8 and then upgrade to the -1.0.1 or d/l the
> -1.0-1 rpm or is there another way?
>
> ty
>
> --
> Julie

I'm not sure how you can make the source you're trying to use work,
but I can direct you to a better one that I know a good number of
people here on the list use. If you're running 10.1, probably the
easiest way to get an up to date version of Firefox would be to use
Charles Edward's mirror. You can find information and directions on
how to set it up on the site: http://www.eslrahc.com/

He also offers RPMs for stuff like gaim, and other popular programs
that don't get updated very frequently on the official mirrors.

I hope that helps.
--
I have 50 invites to gmail, do you have a gmail account yet? Do you
want one? Talk to me!