[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi, listers:

in order to install w3m in my system (Mandrake 10.1 Community)
I'm trying to install the package openssl-0.9.7e.tar.gz, with:
$ ./config
$ make
$ make test
$ make install
as suggested in the install file,
but during the '$ make' step the following message went on appearing:

  `-mcpu=' is deprecated. Use `-mtune=' or '-march=' instead.

What is it?
Can anyone suggest how to fix that?

Thanks,
Rodolfo

Is there a reasion you need openssl-0.9.7e instead of openssl-0.9.7d that is available in a RPM? (openssl-0.9.7d-1.1.101mdk) If you are trying to compile another package that needs the the ssl libraries, then you would need to install the libopenssl0.9.7-devel package. If you need the e version, you may want to download the source RPM for the current version, and build your own RPM of the new version.

Now, about the warning, you can ether ignore it, or edit the make file, and replave the -mcpu=<procesor> option with -march=i386 in every place it show up.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!