On Wednesday 16 March 2005 02:14 am, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> Hi.
> Out of curiosity I installed AmaroK. It seems to be a great player, but
> CPU usage goes up into the sky when it is fired up.
>
>    PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 21990 nil       25   0  109m  36m  43m R 91.2 14.6   0:55.83 amarokapp
>
> This can't be right... Is there a way to track down the problem?
> I'm running 10.1 & Gnome.
> TIA

Who's packages are you using, mine or CAE.  It is a known bug for some people,
it is fixed in cvs and Charles and I are working to backport the fix into our
packages.

It doesn't affect everybody, and only does it for a few minutes when amarok
starts.  I should stop if you let it go a little bit.

--
/g