On Thursday 17 Mar 2005 16:25, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 08:18 +0200, Duncan Anderson wrote:
> > I agree with Greg. In a low bandwidth situation such as mine, a mailing
> > list works much better. Website based forums are a major pain in the
> > behind if you have a slow third-world type dialup connection, whereas
> > you can always go and make yourself a cup of tea or something while the
> > mail is downloading. With a forum, you have to watch the screen so that
> > you can click where appropriate, etc.
> >
> > cheers
> > Duncan
>
> Third-world dial-up connection...? Does that mean that people in the so
> called third world only have that type of connection ? Isn't it a bit of
> prejudice on your side ?
> TTFN

I don't think he meant that, Josenildo, or at least the way I read it was 'If
you're condemned to using dial-up you are excluded from the modern world' -
and to that extent he's right.  It's really only when you're used to adsl and
have to use a dial-up connection that you remember just how slow and
expensive it is, and how you can't possibly consider enormous downloads
because your provider will cut you off.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels