I guess 9.2 just doesn't have the stones to do Nvu any more. Ah, well. 0.70 works _fairly_ well for me, though there are plenty of bugs.

Thanks.

Lee Wiggers wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:02:24 -0500
Marv Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This isn't strictly a Mandrake issue; and I apologize beforehand
if this has been recently addressed-- I've only just rejoined the
list.

Hopefully, there's someone here who's familiar with Nvu
(http://nvu.com).

I'm having a heck of a time with any version of Nvu since 0.70 on
Mdk 9.2. I've been all over their website, and it appears as
though any Linux-specific installation tips have disappaered.

When I try running either of the scripts 'nvu' or 'nvu-bin', I get

nothing-- no program, no output to the terminal. When I skip
straight to 'run-mozilla.sh', I get the following:

error while loading shared libraries: libmozjs.so: cannot open

The thing is, libmozjs.so is sitting right there in the
distribution directory. I thought I'd be clever and take a look at
the run-mozilla.sh script fpr myself, and it makes no reference
whatsoever to libmozjs.so (though I'm not so naive as to believe
that this means anything).

Basically, I'm stumped. Can anyone offer any guidance?

Thanks very much in advance.

I cranked up a new box on 10.1 just for nvu. Also couldn't install it on 9.2. Works great on the new box, though.

BTW 10.1 is ok too.

Lee