Elwyn wrote:
Hiya

Following on from my Samba Server question... I've fitted the drive, it's declared as hdb and I'd like to set it up for just files.

I've tried to chose Journalised Etc3, ReiserFS, JFS or XFS.

Which do I chose??

It would be nice if I can put it all as one partition?!

Er, Thanks :)

Elwyn

What Journalized file system to pick is not a cut and dried decision. It depends on what kinds of data you are going to put on the drive, and who you are asking the question. So you will need to provide more information before you can even hope for a meaningful answer.

Making the drive one partition is not a problem. Depending on how big it is, and how you are planning to do backups, it may make since to split it up though. You may also want to use a chunk of the drive as a swap partition...

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!