JoeHill wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:37:18 +1100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] disseminated the following:

What do people use for making music cds from mp3s?

Check out ROXDAO. The site is offline right now, but check it out later, very nice GUI for burning audio CD's, you can see a shot of it on my site.

http://kymatica.com/software.html

I am having problems accessing that URL.

Anyway, for the newbie, k3b works pretty well. If you have lame installed, k3b allows you to create audio cds from mp3 files by simply dragging and dropping.

Otherwise, you can use various methods via the shell. One that I always used to use was this:

for FILE in *.mp3
do
      FILE=`echo $FILE | sed s/.mp3//g`
      mpg123 -s $FILE.mp3 > $FILE.raw
      sox -r 44100 -w -s -c 2 $FILE.raw $FILE.wav
      rm -f $FILE.raw
done

This would convert all the mp3 files in a directory to .wav files.
Then:

cdrecord -scanbus -dev=0,0,0
cdrecord -v speed=2 -dev=0,0,0 -audio -pad *.wav

Substitute the "0,0,0" for the relevant device setting for your system. This setup is for an external USB2.0 cdwriter configured as /dev/sr0.

Then, after all that, remove the .wav files.

cheers
Duncan