On Monday 21 March 2005 09:08, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> >>The CLI is not something to be feared.
> >>
> >>cheers
> >>Duncan

> Is that not so ?  I read somewhere about a command that could wipe out
> your whole system if done as root.  Something to do with r and rm and -r
> I think ...
>
> Rosemary
>
> PS Not that I am about to do anything so outrageous :-)

I don't know about a comand to wipe a system but I do know a procedure of how
I trash a HD. All I did was use MC to search for test and HD went into orbit.
It is now a good paperweight on my desk. What I was searching for were DBs I
had created call test1, test2 et. What I got was a trashed HD.

Frank