On Monday 21 Mar 2005 20:12, Christopher Taylor wrote:

> My home is on a searate partition.  I am just unfamiliar with the
> upgrade process.  I started with a blank machine and let Mandrake do
> the rest.  At installation, it created the 5 gig root, 1 gig swap, and
> 24 gig home partitions.  I am not sure what files get upgraded and
> what files get left alone.

In any future install, if you select 'use existing partitions' it will
overwrite your root partition (it formats it first) but it will only format
your /home directory if you choose to let it.  I'd say that 5GB is not very
big, though, so in a future install, if you have any spare space create
another partition, say 4GB, for /usr.  That should take some of the strain
off it.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels