On Tuesday 22 March 2005 07:09, SigmaX wrote:
> Hey;
>     I'm headed on a 5-week vacation next month, and downloaded Mandrake
> Move this weekend to see what it'd do for me.  I think it's coolio, and
> I have a little 64MB USB pendrive, that it mounts automatically
> under.... /mnt/windows of all things (I guess 'cause of the FAT
> filesystem).
>
>     The description from the Mandrake website said something about the
> commercial edition of Move automatically using your configuration and
> files to a USB key.  When it says 'configuration', does that mean that
> it will save... say... the way I have my KDE 3.2 desktop themed and all
> that to the pendrive, so that when I start up Mandrake Move on another
> computer later in my trip I'll still have the same setup that I
> configured to start with?
>
>     If that's the case, then I'd consider purchasing Move (My first OS
> purchase in a while... Me be spoiled Linux-Downloader) ... but if not,
> then I'd just use it as a toy to test out systems with or show people
> Linux, rather than as a mobile "guest computer."
>
> Thanx!
>
> SigmaX
>
> PS:  Please CC me any reply

Yes it does.
But before you purchase MandrakeMove why not try out PCLOS first.

It is a fork of Mandrake. It works as a 'liveCD' like Mandrake Move, with the
additional option of being able to install itself to your hard drive. It
comes with Nvidia drivers/Flash/Java built in, and is able to store
your /home files on a USB flash drive.
PCLOS is available as a free download at
http://www.pclinuxonline.com/pclos/index.html
See the FAQ for booting with USB key.

derek
--