%^$#*^$ing gmail users :p

On Saturday 26 March 2005 08:55 am, Robert Yu wrote:
> What's a good way of updating your free version of Mandrake?
>
> I've only thought of two:
> - using a higher version of a Mandrake CD
> - updating through updating programs
> - others?

My favorite way is to change my urpmi sources to a mirror of the next version
and do 'urpmi --auto-select'  Usually there are a few configuration niggles
to work out, but they are usually documented on the release notes or in the
ML archives.  I've gone from 9.2 => 10.0 => 10.1 and now LE2005 rc2 with that
method.  I just updated 2 10.1 machines to rc2 using this method and it went
very well.

I you want to use the iso's, you can choose upgrade too.

Some people swear by the clean install though.

Good Luck
--
/g