When I want to log off, the only option I have is LOG OFF. There's no Reboot or Halt option.

Randomly (it seems) I get the dragon "log off/reboot/halt" menu, but not very often.

I can go into the settings and set SHUTDOWN to EVERYONE (after logging back in as root. That is, log off, log in as root, set it to EVERYONE, log out).

I can select REBOOT but I get a blank page appear with two buttons at the bottom of it (REBOOT and CANCEL iirc). Hitting REBOOT many times does nothing at all. I can hit CANCEL then HALT and that works.

This happens every time I boot up. I have to go through it all over again cos MDK doesn't remember my settings.