Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:

This is my df - quite different to what knoppix gave!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] rosemary]$ df
/dev/hda5             5.8G  1.7G  3.9G  30% /
/dev/hda9              12G  170M   12G   2% /home
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rosemary]$

It's the same when I am root.

Rosemary

There is something very wrong here when put with your fstab file I THINK!

WARNING: Do not muck about with the following " fdisk " command or you could corrupt your partition table and loose everything!!!!!!!!!

Please do as su :

$ su
password:

# fdisk    /dev/hda  <Enter>
Type the letter ' p ' and <Enter> ( as always ~ Quotes not included )
Highlight the table output and " Right Click " < Copy >
" Paste " into your reply email to me.

[ Once you have copied the printout and whilst still within konsole: ( or go back to konsole later if you wish ):
type the letter ' q ' ( Q for quit ) and press <Enter> to get out of fdisk. ]
AND as stated above ~ don't go looking around with this command ~ it could land you in trouble.

If you are not happy with my warnings here then please call me.

-- Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213