I have a desktop and a laptop on a network. I want to install mandrake on the
desktop. My mandrake installation disk is a DVD. The  desktop does not have a
DVD drive, but the laptop does.

So, I'm trying to use the laptop to 'server' the DVD to the desktop. Can
someone help me here? I can find no documentation on ftpd. I installed the
drakwizard.but the ftp option keeps failing, and the 'installation server'
option, I don't understand.

If I could even just ftp serve the /mnt/dvd drive then I think it would work.
I have make a boot cd for the desktop with the network install option, all I
need is a properly configured server.

I dont have enough bandwidth remaining to download the CD's.

Regard,

Jarlath