On Saturday 02 April 2005 09:17 pm, Elwyn York wrote:
> Can anyone speculate here roughly when Mandrake 10.2 will be ready for end
> user (ie me).
>
> It is, apparently, sometime the beginning of April (er, now! :) ) ready for
> "cooker".
>
> Oh, and can someone explain what "cooker" is please?? (reference to Linux,
> not the kitchen... Google doesn't like me this morning!)
>
> Thanks
>
> Elwyn
Supposed to be released on the 6th, but they have not hit a date yet so it
will be soon after.    Cooker is the incubator that they develop the next OS
release. It is very much cutting edge and could as easy as not have bugs in
individual packages. Once they decide that all of the packages that are going
to go in the next release have been decided on then the developers start
concentrating on bugs. A good stable release will evolve after about the 2nd
or third update in my experience and that may be 2 to 5 weeks after the
official release.  ( opinion expressed here is not necessarily based on
scientific fact or analysis, It is just a opion.) HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842