Robert Yu wrote:

Is it possible to save the packages downloaded from this site onto a
cache folder for later use?

You can download the packages using ftp or something similar, and then, when they are all sitting in a directory, call up a root shell and go to the directory and type the following:

genhdlist --dest `pwd`

If you get errors, then type the following in order to ignore corrupted archives:

genhdlist --nobadrpm --dest `pwd`

Then, when it has completed, run Mandrake Control Centre and go to media manager and set up the directory as a source.

It works for me. I just ignore the whining about checksums and click on "yes" and then the stuff installs straight from rpmdrake.
"urpmi" should pick it up too, although I usually use the GUII tool for this one.

cheers
Duncan