Also, there are several different chipsets used by on
Lucent/Agere modems.  Check here to see if a driver is
available for yours:
http://free.hostdepartment.com//g/gromitkc/dips/roster.html

You might be able to determine which chipset your
(PCI?) modem uses through harddrake and then get the
appropriate driver here:
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

More good instructions for newbie here:
http://users.ox.ac.uk/~mert1313/ltmodem.html

I have tried the SV92P (listed as incompatible) and it
does, in fact, not work.

Good luck
Brett