Leroy Britton wrote:
I am using mandrake 10.1 and need to prepare a floppy for lilo. I found instructions and they say to use fdformat /dev/fd0H1440, however this gives me a error of No such file or directory. I have also tried fdformat /dev/fd0 and that gives me No such device or address.

Any help would be appreciated.

With 10.1, udev does not seam to create the additional floppy devices for the different floppy formats. But you should be able to use /dev/fd0 in place of /dev/fd0H1440 and have it work.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!