Jaguar wrote:

> Steve
> That makes a ton of sense.  Anything to help a newbie get better aquainted
> with a new OS.
> As a side point, you mention SuSE, and Caldera... I have L-M 6.0 installed and
> I have some old distro's of those and a few other's.  Now L-M supports RPM's
> and other _package_ installs.  Is it worth while to browse these other
> distro's for MORE software ( given the fact that LIBS and stuff get indtalled
> also)??

Both of the other distributions that you mention (SuSE and Caldera)
package their distribution using RPM as well.  This makes it a little
easier to "cut and paste" between the two because you have a .src.rpm
available on the other distribution.
A quick rebuild of the binary package from the source would ensure that
it's using the updated libraries available on your new system.

The one thing I _would_ do is check for updated packages.  Alot of times
there are updates since the other distribution shipped.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator