JR wrote:

On Saturday 09 April 2005 03:09 pm, JR wrote:

On Saturday 09 April 2005 12:21 am, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

JR wrote:

I put mandrake10.1-Official on my friends desktop. His mouse doesnt
work. It doesn't show up in harddrake (the gui tool). In fact, there is
no mouse section at all, and it's not under peripherals.

His mouse is a PS/2 mouse, but it is connected to a COM port via an
adaptor. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? The reason he cites for
wanting windows are all areas mandrake can really soar, so I'm dying to
give him his dream machine!

Did the adapter come with the mouse? Does the mouse work with the
adapter on other computers? Other OSs?

<snip>
Hi Mikkel,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, the mouse works fine on windows so it must work
with serial also. I have no idea how to get mandrake to detect it
though....

Kind regards,
Jarlath

I've just learned that harddrake has detected a SBLive joystick. There is no joystick so I think it is really the mouse. It is filed under 'Unknown/other' in harddrake.

Jarlath

I haven't had time to dig out a serial mouse to play with, but I hope to get a chance later today. But I don't think that the joystick is your mouse. Even if you do not have a joystick hooked up, there is still a joystick interface on the card. This is probably what you are seeing. Kind of like a serial port with nothing attached - it is there, but you cann't do much with it without a device attached.

Mikkel

--
Remember:
Sometimes the dragon wins!