On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 16:24:17 -0500, Mikkel wrote:

> On my system, a stock 10.1, with the standard upgrades, but
> not with KDE upgraded to a newer version, plugging in a flash
> drive results in it being mounted on /mnt/removable, and I am
> able to access it without problem. But people that have
> upgraded KDE have run into problems because of the other
> packages that need to be upgraded to use the new KDE packages.
> It seams to break the 10.1 hotplug setup...

When you upgrade to Thac's KDE, it also installs the HAL daemon
which is responsible for changing the mount points, etc. I
understand HAL is a good thing, but it's really annoying if
you're not expecting its changes. The good news is that after
installing Thac's KDE, you can uninstall HAL without uninstalling
everything else KDE.

Miark