I screwed something up, and had to do a complete re-install. Set up a
printer (H-P 6xx on lp0), but when I try to print, using either "lpr"
or by clicking a "print" box in KDE, I get an UNKNOWN PRINTER error.
In command line mode, typing "cat /proc/devices" does not list #6 lp.
The printtool command returns the error "Application initialization
failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable. Couldn't
load bindings.tcb".  The "tunelp command does not seem to exist in L-M,
and I can't find a path to printer setup in the KDE control panel.      Where
can I go from here???   Regards,
                                Joe