Hi people, where are the TTFs on Mandrake 6.1?  I remember adding them
during install.

The supplied fonts are uninspired or amateurish, ragged-edged, and
half of them don't work.  This is on excellent hardware on which NT
works and displays impeccably.

I tried the online help, typed 'true type' into the text box, and
pressed enter.  After about ten minutes of disk thrashing I received a
terabyte of links, including to the most obscure of developer
documentation.

Despairingly selecting one at random, I could not find the words 'true
type' anywhere in the reference :(

I then pressed the 'back' arrow on the browser and, incredibly,
started off another ten minutes of disk thrashing.  THIS is the
wonderful M$ killer OS?  It seems barely usable.  I will save printing
questions for another message...

--
Best regards,

John Holman