Hello all:

The Win95 setup:
Dialup networking using 'Slip: Unix connection', log onto network, TCP/IP'
or                                'PPP, Windows95, Windows NT 3.5, Internet',
log onto                                    network, enable software
compression, TCP/IP'
TCP/IP settings:  specified IP address, specified name server address, use IP
                         header compression, Use default gateway on remote
network.
no scripting.
The Linux box:
/etc/resolv.conf contains  'search <domain-name>'
                                     nameserver <host IP>'
The modem reaches my ISP.

The phone dials from Win95 and I can see it ringing on my other line but the
Linux box never answers.

I must be missing some configuration setting but can't determine where.
Isn't PPP/SLIP/PLIP  on the Linux box for outgoing connections?

Thanks for any help
Bill Barnes

This e-mail has been sent to  you  courtesy of OperaMail,  a
free  web-based  service  from  Opera  Software,  makers  of
the award-winning Web Browser - http://www.operasoftware.com