I am trying to install Linux Mandrake 6.1 using Lnx4win.

I have got as far as completing an installation successfully(??) but with
Lnx4win only allocating 400 megs of space for the image size installation (I
had wanted 1 gig space). Unfortunately I got in a muddle with the password
and user name and couldn't get into  the final Linux system.

I uninstalled Lnx4win as directed and then deleted the Lnx4win directory but
on reinstalling Lnx4win,  I can not get Lnx4win to set up the Linux image
file and swap file so the installation fails.  (Under the setup it asks if I
am ready to boot under Linux and then when started crashes with the
following error message:

**Preparing Loopback device
**Kernel panic:VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:21

I find two text files in the Lnx4win directory which contain the proposed
sizes for the Linux file and swap file I have chosen from the menu, but the
installation program doesn't format them.

This suggests that there is something that the uninstall routine has failed
to remove properly which (without the formation of the Linux file and swap)
is preventing Linux Mandrake from installing.

Anyone have any thoughts?? I've been itching to try Linux but I am very
frustrated getting so close to installation without succeeding.

Thanks.

Craig Joly