On Sun, 05 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> >%_I have a modem connected to USB. When I tried to query it I couldn't. Does Linux
>support USB devices?. If yes, how can I define my modem. Thanking you for your help.

First, please switch off the HTML. It's hard to read and it doesn't
look as "pretty" here as it does on your screen. :-) Plus, it's a
waste of bandwidth to have that extra "garbage" there... :-)

Second, Linux has very little (if any) USB support at this time. It's
coming, but as this is mostly a volunteer effort, it's not proceeding
as rapidly as in the Windows world where Bill Gates can afford to pay
a programmer $50,000 per year to sit around and develop drivers for
something. :-)
        John