If you've already established that you want to use WindowMaker as a user,
the default does not hold.  Try creating a new user.  This one should
default to XFCE.  The default holds only for those who haven't specified a
window manager in the drop-down box sometime previously ... or you might
try choosing the "default" option in the drop-down box.

-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>