Robert Weider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Does anyone know which kernal do I need to upgrade to
>via rpm upgrade or compile to support a smp system?
>TIA
>Robert

>Thousands of Stores.  Millions of Products.  All in one place.
>Yahoo! Shopping: http://shopping.yahoo.com
I'm not 100% sure, but doesn't the kernel that comes with
the new Mandrake release support SMP. Try installing the
kernel headers and source RPM that come with the Mandrake 6.1
distribution. From your command line:
cd /usr/src/linux
make xconfig

>From here you should be able to choose the options you want
in your kernel. I believe you will find an SMP option.
Then:
make dep
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
make install

Make sure to change your lilo.conf file to include your
new and old kernel just in case your new compilation of
the kernel doesn't work.
Good Luck.
SA
------