"Jamey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
> Excuse me for asking for so much help! I just purchased linux about 2 days
ago, and I think I'm doing fair for a first timer. Anyway my problem is: First
of all I had a SB Live value card but i found out that linux did not support
it, So I took it out and enable my onboard sound chip. Linux found it (By the
way I have L-Mandrake 6.5) But when it probed it it came up with an error
telling me to add (VERIFY N) into the sndconfg file. So I did and tryed again
but this time when it probes the card it completely looks up so bad the only
way out is RESET! Im wondering how I can edit it manually, Ive got all the
info from windows ( Dual boot) . Or should i just purchase another sound
card?
No, not yet.  Try www.linuxnewbie.org
They just published an article on this card today.
Mike

Michael Scottaline
Linux 2.2.13

http://webmail.netscape.com.