I have been attempting to install Mandrake via PLIP with little success. I have
been following the PLIP Install HOWTO v1.15, 26 Nov 1999; adapting it for the
particular distribution I wish to install.

I have been successful in setting up the source side: I can mount the cdrom
via nfs, it appears I have the exports, hosts.allow, and hosts.deny file
configured correctly.

I am struggling to get the target to accept PLIP. I use the bootnet.img file
and select NFS install. Upon loading the PLIP module (autoprobe) I receive
"I can't find the device anywhere on your system!"

following are the last three lines from console <ALT>-<F3>:

* picked driver PLIP (parallel port)
* running: /bin/insmod /bin/insmod /modules/plip.o
* insmod failed!

and the line from console <ALT>-<F5>

Cannot find archive member plip.o: file does not exist in archive

I have tried the bootnet.img disk from 3 different machines with the same
result and it appears I have the latest image from the ftp mirrors I've searched
(Dated Sept. 7 and Sept. 8 1999--exact same file size).

Am I using the wrong image or neglecting some important boot: options??

Any insight would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jim O.