At 03:39 PM 21.12.99 -0700, you wrote:
>On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> > I have just purchased Linux-Mandrake and decided to install it on one
> of my
> > computers.  I decided to let it have all three of the HDD's.  Now that I
> > have installed it I want to try other things such as a duel boot, but
> all I
> > have is Linux right now.  If I try to format the HDD's and install NT,
> when
> > I boot it comes up with "LI" and then freezes.
> >
> > It appears that "LILO" (which I have no experience with) somehow is
> still on
> > the computer, yet I fdisked and formated the HDD - So why won't it boot?
> > I'm mistified!  Obviously Linux operates at a lower level than what I am
> > used to working with.  I don't mind learning how it works if there's
> > adequate documentation, but for now I just want my system back.
> >
> > Basically, I was wondering how to UNINSTALL linux and why does it seem
> > impossible to find information about uninstalling Linux?  I feel that
> > uninstalling is as important as installing.
> >
> > Anyways, any help on the subject is a blessing and I thank responders in
> > advance!
> >

>According to my Red Hat 5.2 Manual, if you want to dual boot, you need to
>install the non-Linux OS first.  So, fdisk and format the computer, then boot
>up a startup disk and install Windows normally.
>
>Dan

another option would be to boot using a dos boot disk
fdisk /mbr      to get rid of LILO
install NT
boot into Linux with a boot disk ( I assume you did make one )
reinstall LILO into the MBR  and configure it to boot NT as an option

In fact I am pretty certain that the fdisk /mbr command alone will let you
boot into NT

it worked for me in a Win98 / Linux dual boot situation when I completely
screwed up the lilo configuration

Chris Young
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www1.tpgi.com.au/users/mooney

Advice for office managers:

If you keep the sexual harassment complaint forms in the bottom drawer, then when a
woman goes to get one out you'll get a great view of her arse.